An Oregon native, Michael Gallagher moved away from his hometown to study and train throughout the country.
As a lifetime athlete himself, Michael doesn’t just train others – he competes! He has been coaching athletes for more than six years and also competes in 5K-50K running events along with Sprint, Olympic and Half Ironman events. Michael has also been a guest speaker at Southern Oregon University & the Ashland High School X/C team.
Michael specializes in Sprint to Ironman Triathlons, Strength & Conditioning, Swimming, Biking, and Running.
Michael’s achievements include:
- Assistant swim coach to the Fort Lauderdale Masters swim team where he helped them win back to back championships.
- Triathlon Coach for the Fort Lauderdale triathlon club.
- Featured in Triathlete magazine.
- Featured coach in USA Triathlon magazine.
- Contributing writer for Triathlete magazine.
- Featured on Ch12 News (ABC)
- Head coach for a Team USA Triathlete & an ITU Elite Triathlete.
- Former lead personal trainer at a nationally recognized health club.
- Co-race director for 3 local triathlons in Southern Oregon.
- The only USAT certified Triathlon Coach in Southern Oregon.
- Multiple top 10 finisher.
- Mentored by Swim Coach Marty Hendrick who was inducted into the Broward Sports Hall of Fame in 2014.
- Ambassador for ZIPP Wheels, SRAM cycling components, Feed Your Crazy fitness co, and Salming Shoes.
- Sponsored by Edge Performance (New Earth) Supplements & XTERRA Wetsuits.
He is passionate about helping people achieve their fitness goals whether they are to improve overall health or to compete, and has brought his knowledge and experience back to Oregon to help others!
Michael’s certifications include: USAT Certified Triathlon Coach, NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, USMS Level 2 Swim Coach, ACE Personal Trainer, ACE Sports Conditioning SpecialistContact Michael