Michael is passionate about helping people achieve their fitness goals whether they are to improve overall health or to compete.
As a lifetime athlete himself, Michael doesn’t just train others – he competes! He has been coaching athletes for more than 8 years and also competes in 50K running events along with Olympic and Half Ironman events. Michael has also been a guest speaker at Southern Oregon University & for the Ashland High School X/C team.
Michael specializes in Sprint to Ironman Triathlons, Marathon to Ultra Running, Strength & Conditioning, Swimming, and Biking.
Michael’s achievements include:
- Assistant swim coach to the Fort Lauderdale Masters swim team where he helped them win back to back championships.
- Triathlon Coach for the Fort Lauderdale triathlon club.
- Featured in Triathlete magazine.
- Featured coach in USA Triathlon magazine & Contributing writer.
- Contributing writer for Triathlete magazine.
- Contributing writer for Competitor magazine.
- Featured on Ch12 News (ABC)
- Head coach for a Team USA Triathlete & an ITU Elite Triathlete.
- Former lead personal trainer at a nationally recognized health club.
- Head Strength & Conditioning coach for 5 college teams & 3 high school teams.
- Former Co-race director for 3 local triathlons in Southern Oregon.
- The only USAT certified Triathlon Coach in Southern Oregon & Oregon Coast.
- 10K record holder for Best In The West Triathlon Festival, Multiple top 10 finisher.
- Mentored by Swim Coach Marty Hendrick who was inducted into the Broward Sports Hall of Fame in 2014.
- Ambassador for FLO Cycle Wheels, SRAM, Feed Your Crazy, Honey Stinger, NUUN Hydration, Nike, The North Face.
- Sponsored by XTERRA Wetsuits.
Michael’s certifications include: USAT Certified Triathlon Coach, NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, USMS Level 2 Swim Coach, USA Olympic Weightlifting Coach, ACE Personal Trainer, ACE Sports Conditioning Specialist.Contact Michael